
...The doctors and nurses were coming into my hospital room after a week long stay to tell me "today was going to be the day". It was the day after Thanksgiving, and I was going to give birth, via c-section, 7 weeks early to my last baby, my only boy. My blood pressure was just getting extremely too high and was not being controlled. At around 2:30 that afternoon I was wheeled down the hall into the delivery room and moments later my son made his debut. They were saying he looked great but of course he would be going to the NICU because of his prematurity. Greg was amazing during this time while I was out of it. When I finally did make it down there to see my precious boy I distinctly remember how he hung on his Daddy's every word. Those little eyes followed Greg's voice everywhere. I so wanted a "momma's boy", but it looked like we had a "daddy's boy". 


Those next two weeks that Bryson had to remain in the NICU were filled with tears, I missed my baby so much, trips to the hospital, exhaustion and unspeakable joy. I still tear up now just thinking about that time. It was so hard on all of us.
Then the day finally came and we were able to bring him home. We were so releived and thankful. 

Well, we all see what a rambunctious, healthy toddler he is now!! Praise God!! They say he's under average on his height, but I blame Greg for that!! :) Happy Birthday Bryson!!
2 comments:
Ok...now that I've dried the tears from my eyes...Happy Birthday Bryson! :)
~Amanda H.~
Ahhhh....... Happy Birthday Bryson!
Post a Comment