BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Flashback To My Wedding

O.k., so I was reading this article in a magazine about this woman who got married really young and just told how she looked at life and her marriage. I thought some of the quotes were exactly how I felt. Greg and I were married in December 1997. I was 18 and he was 20. We knew we were going to be married eventually so I guess we just figured "why wait". Anyway, here's an excerpt from the article that just says exactly what I would say - if I was good with words. :)


"It wasn't until recently that I realized my engagement ring-two tiny jewels riding a golden wave-is a child's ring, and how appropriate that was a the time. I had no clue about marriage. I had no idea about the storms lurking out at sea, the rocks, how desire could rise and fall like the tide. And I'm glad I just blithely plunged in. Had I really thought about it, I might have bolted back to the singles jungle with my life list in hand. In a way, we've grown up together. We helped make each other-for better or worse. Getting married wasn't about settling down or having stability; it was about joining forces for an adventure neither of us could have alone. It was like standing at the edge of a cliff with rushing water beneath us. We were happy, terrified-and against all expectations, we jumped. But we were holding hands, and even if we were falling fast, we were together. ARE together."


Sweet, huh? We've been through so many good times (and some bad) over the past 9 1/2 years, but I would not have chosen another road or anybody else to go down it with. Get ready.....here's a picture on our wedding day. We look like babies!! Greg doesn't even look the same to me.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww thats sweet Amanda! I remember those days party party ha not really just alot of goin out to eat. And yall taken care of me cuz I was usually the only drunk one....orange juice and vodka ewww dont even like the smell of that stuff Thank God Im a good girl now wellllllllll for the most part love you chick!

Sara Walker said...

Hey Chicky! Wow that is awesome. That is all true. The bad thing is...my ex and I married young... he got to thinking (which is most mens problem.. they think)well he thought he missed out on something and went looking for it while married to me... so we got DIVORCED! And now.. he wishes he had me back.. go figure. Oh well.. I now have a great man that I love so much and who makes me so happy and angry at the same time.. is that possible. :)

PS Nashville here we come!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. You & Greg are lucky to have each other. Hope Jason & I have that after 9 1/2 years.

barn-yard-clan said...

That was just too sweet you and him look like babies. You two where made for each other!!!!
Us a little older he was 20, I was 23. We only dated 3 months then where engaged for 3 months in Sept. will will be married for 17 yrs. Who would have know!!!! Yeh everyone has thier ups and down. But just keep on hanging on to that boat.....ride that wave!!!!
Great blog girl

Meredith said...

That's a good one! Thanks for sharing. Y'all got married 6 months before us! I agree with you...Greg doesn't even look the same!

Anonymous said...

WOW...too sweet. Y'all are amazing. So many people (including myself) give up when things get a little crazy, or make bad decisions all together. You are a perfect example of what marraige should be...and u have a BEAUTIFUL family...CONGRATS!!!!